- November 7, 2018
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Topic Medical Marijuana and the Legal Aspects of Substance Use and Abuse in the Workplace
Medical and Recreational Marijuana may be legal in some states, but use at the workplace can be complicated by the Americans for Disability Act ( ADA), employment law, and insufficient research.
SYMPOSIUM LEARNING OBJECTIVES*
By the end of the symposium, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the relationship between psychoactive substance use and workplace impairment, recognizing that not all substance use may lead to workplace impairment or difficulties;
- Compare strategies and procedures to detect “ early” impairment from substance use;
- Promote acceptable workplace behaviors through the implementation of drug/alcohol testing;
- Implement appropriate substance-free policies at the workplace and understand the steps involved in dealing with non-compliance;
- Recommend valuable information for educating employees about substance use consequences and how a substance- free workplace is supportive to health and wellness.
Each presentation will have its own Learning Objectives which may be found on the event web page*
To register, please visit http://erc.ucla.edu/course/mentalhealth.