Location Workforce Enterprises – Ontario, CA
Role and Responsibilities Ensure clients are complaint with OSHA rules and regulations.
- Performs forklift certifications and safety meetings as assigned by the Safety Manager and clients
- Assists with trainings, safety and risk projects, reviews report for completeness and accuracy.
- Conduct safety training or education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
- Assists in conducting client site safety audits to identify improper procedures, checks equipment and facilities for hazardous conditions, and recommends corrective actions.
- Assist in monitoring policies, procedures, programs, standards, and design criteria affecting client’s safety at multiple Locations.
- Assists in Investigations complaints and on-site accidents to determine root cause and recommend effective hazard controls.
- Assists in conducting inspections at sites to determine if employees may be exposed to unhealthy conditions and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Assist in collecting and analyzing injury, claim, and safety survey statistical data to write technical reports and make presentations to clients regarding job site.
- Coordinates client safety activities such as project site safety audits and attends safety incentive meetings.
- Assists in the review of Injury Illness and Prevention Programs (IIPPs) for accuracy and conformance with safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Safety Manager and/or Director of Risk Management
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree required or high school graduate with two years’ experience and/or training in Safety or Workers Comp. role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Must possess a valid Class C Driver License that allows you to drive in the course of your employment
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hour Trained
- Train the Trainer Certified in Forklift
- Strong leadership qualities with excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication, teamwork.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate to all levels
- Analytical, statistics and critical thinking skills
- Independent, self-motivated with drive and initiative • Influence change through training and mentoring
- Experience with Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Bilingual, English/Spanish is preferred
Required Knowledge Applicable Federal, State, and local OSHA regulations, relevant equipment, procedures and strategies; hazard assessment and incident investigation methodologies; and current office technology and equipment.
Required Skills and Abilities Proficiently use word processing, spreadsheet and presentation tools; problem solve; prioritize and multi-task; communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; work independently and in a team environment; and operate current office equipment including computers and supporting applications.
Physical Demands and Work Environment The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, drive, walk, sit, use hands, use computer, use ten-key, talk, hear, talk on the phone, reach with hands and arms, and bend at mid waist. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, dust, walking on uneven ground, cold, extreme heat, and wet or humid conditions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
To apply for this position please contact Rosie Partida, Director of Risk Management and Safety, at firstname.lastname@example.org