Join the Reyes team and become a part of an established Heavy Civil General Contracting firm. Reyes has variety of clients including the U.S. Navy, Ports of Los Angeles, Long Beach and San Diego, Army Corps of Engineers, and various counties and cities projects. Our past projects include a wide range of Heavy Civil Construction.
The Safety Director Position will plan, direct, implement, and oversee the company’s Safety Program including development of site safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy and accident free work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement risk management, safety policies and procedures in compliance with all federal, state, county and local rules and regulations, including MSDS requirements, for both field and office
- Remain current on federal, state, county and local safety regulations. Keep management informed of new or revised regulations and their projected
- Perform construction site audits and provide recommendations for hazard
- Support multiple field safety mangers in ensuring each construction project is conducting operations in a safe manner for the protection of our employees, clients, subcontractors and the public.
- Develop and implement site / project specific safety plans. Effectively communicate with project teams.
- Review subcontractor pre-qualification documentation to ensure acceptable safety records and communicate with Project
- Provide safety mentoring to sub-contractors.
- Act as the corporate contact for any federal, state or municipal safety or risk management authority and / or personnel, including but not limited to
- Develop pre-job hazard analysis to prepare for
- Reduce job hazards and ensure a safe working environment. Assist in identifying cause of unsafe conditions and injury claims.
- Plan and implement programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, safe equipment operating techniques and emergency prevention for job sites and
- Implement / oversee safety incentive programs
- Provide corrective action recommendations and assist in implementing metrics for tracking and reporting on performance
- Conduct, assist and coordinate
- Conduct and / or assist with new hire orientation and safety
- Administer company Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and project specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP).
- Manage and oversee motor vehicle fleet safety
- Record and compile data, update logs, and monitor equipment
- Ensure compliance with corporate worker’s compensation program including working with internal personnel and 3rd party administrators / legal counsel to effectively investigate and resolve claims in a cost-effective
- Conduct accident, injury, unsafe work condition
- Responsible for facilitating early return to work responsibilities for injured workers and provide meaningful light duty transitional
- Represent the organization in community or industry safety groups and
- Travel to various job sites as needed
- Team Leader
- Honest, respectful and trustworthy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Good listening skills
- Problem solver
- Strong work ethic
- Organized and detail oriented
- Desire to learn and use technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Occupational Health and Safety, other related field or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of Safety Management experience in the heavy civil construction industry
- Certified Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) and / or Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Some travel required
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA Program, 401K
Reyes Construction, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or status as a disabled veteran.
Additionally, it is the policy of Reyes Construction, Inc. to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law with regard to any term or condition of employment.