Location University of California, Riverside
We are looking for
An enthusiastic safety professional who will serve as the subject matter expert to assist, identify, and coordinate the distribution of lab coats, safety eyewear, respirators and other personal protective equipment (PPE) to campus researchers and staff based on risk and hazard assessments. The Industrial Hygienist/PPE Coordinator will be responsible for the campus PPE program as well as support industrial hygiene program implementation.
You Will Thrive in This Position If You Enjoy
- Ensuring developing a safety culture of compliance with overseeing, monitoring and managing PPE use in all areas involving hazardous materials including research laboratories to ensure safe procedures are properly followed.
- Working directly with Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) leadership in the development, implementation, and monitoring of an effective PPE program; anticipate PPE needs, develop and manage PPE compliance metrics, manage monthly billing reports.
- Performing industrial hygiene monitoring/sampling, interpret results and write reports to provide recommendations to reduce potential exposures to hazardous materials and conditions.
- Collaborating with and providing safety programs to campus faculty, student and staff that is efficient and integrated.
What You Will Bring to This Position
- 4-7 years of related experience/training
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Professional certification including Certified Industrial Hygienist designation. (preferred)
An Amazing Array of Benefits, Some of Which Are
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- 7 different medical plans to choose from depending on your status
- 100% employer covered Dental (HMO/PPO) and Vision Plan
- UC Retirement Plan
- 403(b) Plan and 457(b)Deferred compensation plan
- Discount on your degree or continuing education
- And more!