At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact peoples lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Engineer EHS 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The focus of this position will be managing the El Segundo machine guarding, fall protection, electrical safety, lockout / tagout, and ventilation program.
- Identifies hazardous workplace conditions.
- Identifies and helps implement control measures to protect employees – by guarding, revising work procedures and training, requiring use of protective clothing & personal protective equipment, and taking other appropriate measures.
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standards, ensuring that required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in occupational safety & health agency inspections and customer/internal audits, and in any corrective action procedures that may follow. Investigates, and assists management in preparing reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Interfaces with management, supervision and employees and acts as a resource on safety and health matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS or Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) with 5 years of experience in environmental, industrial hygiene and/or safety programs; OR Masters degree in EHS or (STEM)
- Experience with Job Safety Analysis/ risk assessments
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Safety & Health
- Experience with robotics and task based risk assessment/ job safety analysis