The EHS&S Manager establishes and maintains a safe work environment by developing and enforcing policies, overseeing regulatory compliance, providing employee training, and serving as the full-time environmental health safety and security support to the King’s Hawaiian Harborgate, Western and Retail operations. This role also ensures that EHS&S operations are efficient, effective and structured to achieve desired results.
Strategic – Planning and Architecture – 10%
- Implement EHS&S plans, programs and training
- Promotes and supports a strong safety culture within the Harborgate, Western and retail facilities.
- Evaluates and participates in planning process for continuous improvements to EHS&S programs.
Kings Functional Organizational & Facilitation– 20%
- Shares findings from gap analyses and solicits feedback on standard operating procedure development from appropriate department heads.
- Brainstorms EHS&S improvement ideas with managers and supervisors including safety action teams.
- Works in conjunction with plant leadership to develop safety guidelines for processing equipment.
- Communicates with plant leadership regarding safety programs, policies, procedures, and general operational issues.
- Discusses, assesses and strategizes safety employee issues with HR Manager.
- Promotes safety consciousness among employees by providing accurate and informative data, facilitating safety action team meetings, giving timely feedback and safety suggestions.
Environmental Health & Safety Management – 50%
- Conducts EHS&S audits to ensure compliance with corporate and governmental requirements
- Manages site air permit, water, storm water and waste programs including required inspections, monitoring and reporting requirements
- Oversees, advises and actively participates in all EH&S programs
- Reviews existing EH&S-related policies and procedures, as well as general operating procedures for safety concerns, and makes recommendations for improvement as needed based on current trends and best practices.
- Oversees health and safety incident reporting procedures to identify root cause and ensure the proper corrective recommendations have been generated to reduce or eliminate hazards.
- Oversees the safety inspection process
- Leads site safety action teams
- Evaluates EH&S best practices and keeps current with industry trends and developments.
Training – 20%
- Oversees the development, coordination and implementation of comprehensive employee training programs for all EHS&S required topics.
- Oversees the coordination and implementation of OSHA-required annual training.
- Delivers other select group, individual and “train the trainer” training.
Functional and Technical Skills
- 3+ years experience in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated results in EHS&S Role
- Knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR and EPA 40 CFR
- Safety certifications from BCSP (STS, OHST, ASP, CSP) preferred
- Ability to think strategically and understand the “big picture”
- Proven leadership abilities
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Pleasant demeanor
- Self starter
- Able to work weekends, nights and holidays
If you are interested in learning more, or to apply for this position, please contact Cheryl Nishimura, Senior Talent Acquisition Recruiter, at Cheryl.Nishimura@kingshawaiian.com.