Warehouse and Fulfillment – Los Angeles, California
We’re looking for a Regional Safety Manager to oversee the development and execution of our ongoing health and safety plan and initiatives as well as building safety leadership capability and culture within the Region management team. This is an opportunity to create a world class program as we grow our organization and move to new locations throughout North America.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure effective, consistent implementation of Health and Safety policies and programs by influencing leadership teams and other stakeholders.
- Work closely with Operations and site management to ensure initiatives are properly aligned and executed throughout the region to meet or exceed safety performance goals
- Audit sites for compliance with Health & Safety programs and process
- Review accident and injury data, to identify the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
- Continuously engage the workforce to ensure needs and compliance are met; enforce safe behaviors and a positive safety culture
- Provide continuous support and guidance to facility personnel to maintain a safe work environment that is consistent with the company’s policies and provincial/federal regulations
- Evaluate employee safety behavior and performance to ensure training programs are effective
- Provide guidance on matters related to compliance with health and safety regulations
- Participate in safety reviews/audits of projects, new facilities, equipment, or processes in conjunction with Engineering and Operations personnel
- Where required, assist with root cause analysis for accidents, incidents, and near miss events; assist in development and implementation of corrective actions
- Communicate best practices across the region and share these best practices with peers across North America
- Travel to all facilities to assist and provide leadership in Health & Safety programs and initiatives
- 7+ years of experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in science, engineering or EHS-related field.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Significant knowledge of U.S. and International Environmental, Health and Safety laws and regulations is desired (OSH, MOL and Cal/OSHA).
- Experience using web-based EHS information and data management systems.
- Ability to travel required 25% of the time.
- Putting the customer at the heart of all decisions and actions.
- Desire to always question, not only how can we do better, but how can we do remarkably better.
- Must be bilingual (speak both Spanish and English)
- A team first environment where we win together. Article employs a wide range of experts and seeks to facilitate a culture of curiosity. We take on the job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- Your choice of state-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate while being remote
- We want Particles to have a sense of ownership, be truly invested in the long-term interests of the company, we offer stock options after one year of employment
- Access to health and dental benefits package for you and family with a focus on your total wellbeing
- Paid sick days and 4 weeks of vacation
- LTD and Group Life Insurance
- Discounts on our products so you can experience first hand why our customers love the Article experience and product.
Throughout COVID, our primary focus has been the safety of our Particles (employees), their families, community, customers, and candidates, we have COVID safety protocols to which we strictly adhere.